Reading Time: 2 minutes
If you’re thinking about working while still studying, but you wonder about you’ll be able to handle it or not,
It all started in the month of April of the year 2018. At that time, I planned to finish my studies in Computer Science and then launch myself into the job market. Usually, I do not like to think about tomorrow, but that was sort of the expected way.
However, when least expected, came an opportunity, a new challenge. And I started in the world of work.
My first time working
Right now, I’m part-time in the morning.
It’s been 10 months since I’ve been with AV, and I feel like I’m growing every day. I had no chance but to become more responsible in my tasks, sometimes yielding to the pressure to which I was not used. If you knew me, you’d recognize I’m a pretty easy-going person.
My old mornings sleeping late are now replaced by the wake-up call.
If I used to think I didn’t have time for anything, so much less now.
Clearly, this turns out to be a challenge that helps me grow as a person and professionally.
The really positive side
I can say assertively that there are good and challenging moments, but it is the motivation to know that I’m learning and working in what I love, that keeps me working day after day to reach my goal.
Since I started, I got to think about the many advantages of working part-time while studying:
- Productivity – being productive is key to getting along at work and in school. I can say for sure this a skill I had to develop a lot;
- Work on what I love the most – Undoubtedly, the most important aspect. Taking the course and working on its contents, it’s undoubtedly the best part of the experience;
- Professional experience;
- Constant growth and learning, both professionally and personally.
- Better personal management skills;
- Ability to define priorities – as I am still studying my priority is studies. However, we know that with work it is necessary to prioritize the tasks that come from it. I’m becoming a pro at balancing it out.
- Working with a team
It’s not all sunshine
I will not lie. Reconciling this double life is anything but easy. I come home tired, exhausted. I sometimes think I became a zombie.
It becomes complicated to focus 100% on these two worlds.
Lack of time is visible with the myriad tasks I have to do, and time does not stop. The excuses of ‘I have no time for anything’, ” I no longer have time for myself ‘sometimes overlap. They are not excuses anymore, and indeed I turn into a zombie.
However, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. When you’re what you really like, effort and dedication are always rewarded.